Finding the perfect swimwear for the pear body shape doesn’t need to be a struggle with our handy guide for your reading pleasure.
If you have a pear body shape you are more likely to gain weight /store fat around your hips and thighs so when it comes to picking swimwear the key is to draw attention upwards and away from your hips and balancing out your silhouette.
Swimwear tips for the pear body shape
- Keep patterns on top and wear plain bottoms to balance out your silhouette.
- High leg lines work for you and will elongate your legs.
- Choose dark bottoms and light colours on top
- Boost your boost with ruffles bows and patterns
We love this bikini from Alpine Butterfly and its a perfect style for the pear body shape including cut out detail to the top that instantly grabs the eye and hi-leg, high waist bottoms.
This royal blue swimsuit from Yours Clothing is a great holiday look for the pear body shape with ruches detailing and cross front.
Other styles that work well for you would be scoop v-necks.
- Go big or go home on accessories on the top half of your body. A wide-brimmed hat is perfect for pears.
- Want a sarong? Stick to dark colours and tie it asymmetrically for a flattering draped style.
Next time you’re shopping for holiday wear remember our top tips for finding great styles of swimwear for the pear body shape. Let us know in the comments below about where you like to buy your swimwear.
As with all of the InSyze body shape style guides, our tips are purely guidelines not ‘rules.’